Why Use Home Staging?
Why Do I Advocate Home Staging?
Clients hire me to produce dramatic and enticing photographs for use in their marketing materials. As a photographer, I can only do so much with what is presented to me to shoot, therefore it is critical the properties look their very best, otherwise no matter how well I photograph it, the images will still look disappointing.
I have photographed many homes, and without question, those that are properly staged present a more beautiful image than those that are vacant or cluttered. You can see some samples to the left, or under my VIRTUAL TOURS section I have a "Home Staging" portfolio. Go see for yourself what I mean.
Here is an article on home staging in U.S. News and World Report from 2008 that sums up the importance of properly preparing a home to sell.
What Exactly Is Home Staging?
Home staging involves more than just decluttering, or adding some furniture to a home; it involves creating an ambiance that attracts a wide array of potential buyers. This can be critical in helping move the property off market in the shortest amount of time. It can also be accomplished with a minimal investment of both time and money utilizing furniture placement, adding or subtracting furniture and/or accessories, and even changing paint color. The goal of home staging is to neutralize the home, and prepare it to appeal to the widest variety of buyers.
Benefits of Home Staging:
- Physically prepares home to enter the market
- Increases appeal to a broader spectrum of buyers
- Emotionally prepares the seller to get ready to move
- Produces better photographs for marketing purposes
- Beautiful online images will attract buyers to request a showing
- A staged home looks great in person during the showing
- Staging helps potential buyers form an emotional connection to the home
- Requires minimal investment of time and money
- Wonderful return on investment both in asking price and time on market
Home Stagers I Have Worked With...
Triad Area | Greensboro | Winston-Salem | High Point
- Laura Redd - Redd Interiors
- Kim Lee - All About Image
- Lori Nicholson - Stylish Staged Home Staging
Triangle Area | Raleigh | Durham | Chapel Hill
- Michele Kurelich - Triangle Staging
Charleston | Folly Beach | Seabrook Island
- Melissa Marro - First Impressions